The transition is almost complete.
Trump has officially nominated former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett to be the next head of the Department of Energy, according to a report in The Washington Post.
Trump announced the nomination on Twitter and the move comes after months of speculation about the future of the Trump administration.
The president-elect also announced that Rex Tillerson will be his secretary of state, although that announcement was later pulled.
There are now five Cabinet posts open, according in The Post: Secretary of Energy Rex Tillerson to be secretary of states, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to be Treasury secretary, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn to be National Economic Advisor, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster to be national security adviser.
A source close to Trump said the president-to-be will make his announcement Monday afternoon.
Trump’s pick for secretary of labor, Thomas Perez, has also been confirmed.
Trump will announce Perez’s nomination later in the day.
Trump also confirmed on Twitter that his son-in-law Jared Kushner, a former Trump campaign adviser and business executive, will be the new White House chief of staff.
“Ivanka and I will be announcing our son-of-us-in the coming days.
Stay tuned,” Trump tweeted.
According to the Post, Trump has yet to name a senior adviser for the transition, but that’s expected to change soon.
Trump also announced a list of officials he plans to nominate and confirmed that former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani will be in charge of the National Economic Advisory Council.
Giuliani is considered to be one of the best foreign policy experts in the country.
The New York Times reported on Friday that Trump has also chosen a senior director for the United States Trade Representative and another senior official for the International Trade Commission.
The White House is expected to announce a number of high-profile people as the transition moves forward, including Trump’s chief of speechwriter, Dan Scavino Jr., the president’s national security advisor, and the first lady Melania Trump.
Earlier on Friday, Trump tweeted that his administration is going to have a new “big name” in the job of U.S. ambassador to China.
“The new China ambassador will be a big name.
I know he’ll do a great job for the U.s.,” Trump wrote.
“We will have a big face in China.”
On Friday, The Washington Examiner reported that Trump will name a new director of the Office of Management and Budget.
The agency oversees federal agencies and is a powerful policy-making body, but the appointment has not yet been announced.
After being elected president, Trump is expected at some point to name his new chief of operations for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
On Saturday, The Associated Press reported that the Trump transition team has narrowed down its shortlist of potential chief of state and foreign ministers to six people.
At least three other people have been considered for the job.
One of the finalists is the U of T professor Stephen Green, who Trump met with in Washington, D.C., last month, according the Associated Press.
Two other people who were mentioned as possible candidates for the position were former U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
A source close with the transition team told the AP that Johnson and Lavrov have both met with Trump several times since becoming ambassadors to Britain and Russia.
Another possible candidate is former CIA director John Brennan, who was on the shortlist for the role of national security and counter-terrorism adviser.
Also on Saturday, Trump announced that he will nominate former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick to serve as U.N. ambassador.
Patrick has been critical of Trump during the presidential campaign, including during a contentious press conference with the New York Post last month.
Patrick told the New Yorker magazine in June that he would consider serving as president of the United Nations if Trump did not resign, but Trump declined to say whether he would do so.
Patrick told the publication that Trump had called him on June 15 to apologize for his comments.
Patrick said in the interview that he “would like to serve my country as a permanent member of the Security Council.”
“If we had an election, I would be running for president and if we had a choice, I’d be voting for a Democrat,” Patrick said.
“I’m a Democrat.
I’m not a Trump supporter.
And I would support the Democratic Party.
I don’t support him in any way.
I just want to make sure that we’re doing what’s right for the country.”